Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency & Urgent Care Support
Browse our upcoming course dates below:
On this page you'll find further information regarding certification and pre-requisites.
Duration - 12 months (initial 6 week course Mon-Thur)
Cost - £4,398.00 Inc. VAT
Qualification Code - "L3DAEUCS"
Awarding Body - Futurequals
Pre-requisites - There are no formal qualification entry requirements that a learner must have completed before taking this qualification and no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding.
If you're looking for our Level 3 Ambulance Support Worker Apprenticeship, click here
For a full course listing, including syllabus and pre-requisites download the PDF by clicking the image.
The purpose of this Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency and Urgent Care Support is to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to work as a part of an emergency ambulance crew, responding to 999 calls supporting the Associate Ambulance Practitioner (AAP) or registered Paramedic.
This role includes supporting the clinician with the care of a patient with varying needs and in a variety of environments and settings, sometimes including very difficult circumstances such as accidents and where time to provide support to patients is critical to their health.
The role may also include attending to patients with colleagues of the same grade to a patient that has been referred by the emergency operations centre, 111 service, GP urgent referrals and other allied healthcare professions within the community.
Emergency and urgent and care support staff have a good understanding of anatomy and physiology, the ability to carry out patient assessment, physiological measurement and continued patient monitoring with a range of skills that support the lead clinician with advanced procedures. This qualification will be a combination of full-time education with formative and summative assessment and consolidation in the real work environment.
The programme includes but is not limited to the following subjects:
• Principles of Ambulance Patient Care in emergency and urgent settings
• Anatomy and physiology for ambulance patient care
• Assessment, physiological measurements and continued monitoring of emergency and urgent care patients
• Airway management, basic life support and external defibrillation
• Care for older people in the emergency and urgent care setting
• Support the management of trauma in the emergency and urgent care setting
• Support the clinician in the management of patients during pregnancy, childbirth and care of babies and children
• Bereavement and end of life care in the emergency and urgent care setting
• Support the clinician in the management of hostile & major incidents in the emergency and urgent care setting
• Managing hazardous materials, cleaning, decontamination and waste management in the emergency and urgent care setting
• Conflict resolution training for ambulance services
• Using communication and information systems in ambulance patient care
Upon successful completion of the written and practical assessments as well as the portfolio of evidence, the following certificates will be awarded:
- FutureQuals Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency & Urgent Care Support
There are no formal qualification entry requirements that a learner must have completed before taking this qualification and no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding.