Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving
Browse our upcoming course dates below:
On this page you'll find further information regarding certification and pre-requisites.
Duration - 20 Days
Cost - £3,360.00 Inc. VAT
Qualification Code - "L3CERAD"
Awarding Body - Futurequals
- Minimum age 21
- A full (not provisional) UK driving licence.
- No more than 6 “live” penalty points on your driving licence. Any offence that isn’t an ‘SP’ must be declared prior to booking.
- Students with Type 1 Diabetes can still apply as long as it is well controlled
- Any previous driving ban for any reason must be advised to us at when booking this course.
For a full course listing, including syllabus and pre-requisites download the PDF by clicking the image.
Level 3 Emergency Response Ambulance Driving
"Completed and passed Emergency Response Ambulance Driving (May 18) after driving for over 21 years this was an excellent refresher course in itself. Would like to say a massive thank you to MEDIPRO; I really enjoyed every minute of this course, including travelling all over the North East/South Yorkshire and especially the last week on blue lights, which was a totally different experience. Andy the instructor was fantastic very friendly, helpful, professional and encouraged us all.
Also, all Medipro staff were extremely welcoming and were always willing to take time out to offer advice and experiences, again thank you very much for the opportunity.
I will certainly be back soon !!!!!!!"
The purpose of the Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving qualification is to provide
the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to drive an ambulance vehicle in
response to an emergency.
This qualification gives the learner the opportunity to:
- Be able to prepare, drive and manoeuvre ambulance vehicles
- Be able to drive an ambulance vehicle in emergency and non-emergency situations
The programme includes but is not limited to the following subjects:
• Be able to carry out a pre-shift vehicle daily inspection and pre driving checks
• Be able to comply with current legislation and driving regulations at all times
• Be able to use vehicles’ braking systems
• Be able to use vehicles’ steering systems
• Understand the use and effects of vehicle safe systems
• Be able to navigate during routine driving
• Be able to use the system of car control
• Be able to use vehicles’ transmission systems during emergency drivin
• Be able to drive in emergency response situations
• Be able to navigate when responding to emergencies.
Upon successful completion of the written and practical assessments the following certificates will be awarded:
- FutureQuals Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving
Prior to starting the course learners must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a full (not provisional) UK driving licence
- Have no more than 6 "live" penalty points on your driving licence. Any offence that isn't an 'SP' must be declared proper to booking
Students with Type 1 Diabetes can still apply as long as it is well controlled.
Any previous driving ban for any reason must be advised to us at when booking this course.