ECG Recognition (Foundation)
Browse our upcoming course dates below:
On this page you'll find further information regarding certification and pre-requisites.
ECG Recognition Part 1 will appeal to healthcare professionals who are involved in recording and interpreting ECG’s.
The mine field associated with ECG interpretation has prompted MediPro to develop this programme as a CPD course for clinicians. It is suitable for all grades of staff including paramedics, ambulance staff, offshore medics as it begins with a basic overview and builds up to an advanced level of ECG interpretation.
This ECG Interpretation course includes the following topics:
- Review of cardiac anatomy, coronary circulation and electrical system
- Practicalities of ECG rhythm monitoring
- The basic components of a systolic beat – P,Q,R,S,T
- Lead placements – 3 and 12 leads
- Ectopics, escape beats and fusion beats
- Re-entry systems
- Atrial arrhythmias – SVT, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial
- Heart Blocks
- Cardiac Arrest Rhythms
- Ventricular arrhythmias
- Cardiac Axis
- ECG in Acute Coronary Syndrome – ST Depression and ST Elevation
There are no formal assessments for this course as it is intended as an extension to your learning and is a valuable addition to your CPD portfolio and clinical development.
There are no pre course requirements for this course.