Browse our upcoming course dates below:
On this page you'll find further information regarding certification and pre-requisites.
Duration - N/A
Cost - £120.00 Inc. VAT
Qualification Code - "EACLSONLINE"
Awarding Body - eACLS
Pre-requisites - This course is designed for existing and practising clinicians who require Advanced Cardiac Life Support skills. Students are expected to be already proficient in skills such as intubation and IV access etc.
For a full course listing, including syllabus and pre-requisites download the PDF by clicking the image.
This fast and convenient online course provides immediate access to advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) training. The program is designed to meet all the requirements of regulatory authorities for initial and refresher advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) training in accordance with the 2010 and 2015 Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Perfect for health care professionals or anyone needing certification or recertification, eACLS™ features:
- Highly interactive activities that satisfy the knowledge requirements of ACLS training.
- Substantial savings over conventional classroom ACLS courses.
- Instant continuing education credits upon successful completion of the online course.
- Anytime, anywhere learning — at your own pace, and in the comfort of your home or office. Now you can complete the entire course in just a few hours.
eACLS™ is developed in association with the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), a leader in emergency medicine education and health education.
The eACLS™ online course covers the ten advanced cardiac life support topics required for certification:
- Acute coronary syndromes
- AED use
- Narrow complex tachycardia
- Pulseless electrical activity
- Respiratory arrest
- Ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia
- Wide complex tachycardia
After completing the online course, a 50-question final exam follows. A score of 84% or higher on the final exam is required. Users are permitted to retake the final exam (maximum 3 times). You can print your completion certificate which you will need to bring for the practical assessment.
If you wish to earn an official wallet-sized eACLS™ Course Completion Card endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, you must also complete a practical skills examination. Your practical assessment will take place at Medipro and will last approximately 45 minutes, but allow a few hours for admin etc.
It will consist of:
- CPR and AED (One- and two-person CPR with an AED)
- Airway and Ventilation Management (BVM, ET, Combitube, and LMA use
- ECG Arrhythmia Recognition and Treatment Modalities (Sixteen ECGs and patient presentations)
- Cardiac Arrest Management (MegaCode)
If you are a practicing health care professional, other than a paramedic or prehospital practitioner, who regularly performs resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) procedures as part of your employment, then no practical skills check is required. Simply print the eACLS™ Skills Verification Form and have your hospital or clinical supervisor complete the form verifying your clinical skills training and current skills competence based on the eACLS™ Skills Testing Guidance Document.
After successful completion of the skill stations an official wallet-sized ACEP eACLS™ Course Completion Card will be issued. Valid for 2 years.
Once you have registered to complete the online portion of this course you will be emailed a link to access any relevant learning materials.
This course is designed for existing and practicing clinicians who require Advanced Cardiac Life Support skills. Students are expected to be already proficient in skills such as intubation and IV access etc.