MediPro is looking for Senior Lecturers in Paramedic Apprenticeships based in the London area.
MediPro is a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for over 10 years. We work in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs
For this role, we are looking for candidates who are HCPC registered Paramedics who are eager to assist in the educational delivery of our high-quality training courses, especially our ambulance apprenticeship programme.
The role is flexible, with immediate starts available, as well as negotiable salaries, six weeks of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and other exciting benefits being offered to successful candidates.
If you want to work for the company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- CPD opportunities
- Time off for giving blood and bone marrow donation
- Pension scheme
- Part of a strong team with excellent values
Main Duties of the Job
- the education faculty for providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners, medical and non-medical;
- delivering each award as per the awarding and regulatory bodies;
- to work in collaboration with the education and managerial teams to provide assessment and mentoring opportunities for clinical tutors that will contribute to the improvement of the company, clinical outcomes and ultimately patient care;
- to take responsibility for managing the tutors and learners needs including pastoral support and verbal complaints
- Provide and facilitate education, development and assessment for learners to the professional standards as laid down by the various awards and approvals.
- Participate in the selection process and assessment for potential tutors wishing to enter into educational roles within the company when required.
- To support the development and mentorship of newly trained and seconded instructors to the company.
- Responsible for mentoring / training / assessing / educating / supervising a wide variety of tutors on education courses.
- Identify training and development solutions across the company that address national and local priorities that will promote and share evidence-based and best practice.
- Produce written reports for internal and external meetings/publications on a range of issues including student progress and compliance.
- Coordinate and assist with the companies response to external inspections and moderations. Accreditation visits, including the preparation of reports/action plans and subsequent progress reports.
- Identify learners training needs to develop, design, implement and review educational solutions to meet those needs.
- Participate in the day to day management of the company ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as action plans.
- Prioritise and self-manage the training workload to support the company in delivering its core business.
- Undertake lead responsibility for curriculum/clinical areas within the company providing support and guidance to peers.
- Participate in and support clinical audit activities as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery of course programmes to ensure that the quality of instruction, content and teaching materials exceed the minimum standards as required by the awarding and validating bodies.
- Line management for the tutor team.
- 2 years minimum teaching experience.
- HCPC registered as a Paramedic.
- Effective social skills gained from experience of dealing with the public.
- Evidence of continual professional development.
- Level 4 in Education and Training (or any other equivalent or higher teaching qualification.
- Understanding educational programme development and quality assurance.
- Level 3 CAVA qualification, or willing to work towards
- IQA qualification or willing to work towards.
- ALS/ITLS/PHPLS/MIMMS instructor.
- BSc or equivalent e.g. Pre-Hospital Care.
- Knowledge and understanding of appraisal systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of FutureQuals awards.
- Excellent knowledge of current practices and guidelines.
- Basic IT skills e.g. ECDL level or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage in demanding situations and make sound decisions.
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- To maintain a current driving licence.
MediPro Limited is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage interest from across our diverse communities.
Reference ID: Senior Lecturers in Paramedic Apprenticeships
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you wish to apply for this position, please attach your CV to the box below.