Pastoral Support and SEN Lead
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pastoral Support Lead at Medipro Limited.
MediPro is a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for over 10 years. We work in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs.
If you want to work for a company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- CPD opportunities
- Time off for giving blood and bone marrow donation
- Pension scheme
- Part of a strong team with excellent values
Reporting to the Head of Education, you will be supporting the Medipro clinical education team to deliver, develop and promote SEN and pastoral care, to students enrolled onto level 3, level 4 and level 6 apprenticeship training programmes.
Main Duties of the Job
- Be responsible for the building and managing of relationships with students enrolled onto Health and Science Apprenticeships.
- Ensure students are always safe and feel supported during their apprenticeship.
- Be passionate about giving support and inspiring students to learn and engage.
- Actively manage the behaviour and attitudes of students, in order to foster a professional learning environment.
- Meet the emotional needs of students, breaking down barriers to learning, allowing them to continue to complete a high quality of education and to achieve their full potential.
- Explore, devise, and create mechanisms that will enable students to complete their apprenticeship, and become professionally registered as a result of their apprenticeship studies.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within Medipro, to explore and develop a model that will support the pastoral care of students. In turn, helping them to cope with the structure and intensity of high-level apprenticeship programmes.
- Conduct learner assessments, and review student progress, participating in standardisation activities.
- Build strong relationships, and work collaboratively, with external partners/member organisations.
- Influence and be influenced by Medipro and governance structures, in order to seek common ground and a collaborative approach that is supported by governance and policy.
- Provide timely data and reports to the Head of Education, with areas of concern.
- Carry out other duties as may be deemed by the Head of Education or Managing Director.
- Demonstration of behaviours that align with Medipro Vision and Values.
- Be and effective communicator, who can adapt their style to the needs of the audience.
- Have a high level of commitment to personal and professional standards.
- Have a commitment to the development of team members and students.
- Be committed to equal opportunities and celebrate diversity.
- Have an evidence-based approach to decision-making, and when providing clinical education advice.
- Be comfortable working in an environment of rapid change and flexibility, that supports a highly regulated profession.
- Be committed to you own personal and professional development.
- Be alert to future regulatory changes and industry initiatives, then recognise their potential benefits and impact on the business.
Experience and Work Achievements
- At least 3 years in an education role.
- At least 3 years in a leadership role.
- A knowledge or experience of working in the further education sector, with a training provider or college.
- Experience in adult education and apprenticeship delivery.
- Teaching supervision role.
- Support to development of mental health and pastoral support, to help individuals achieve their full potential.
- Working in a company delivering contracts to large public sector organisations.
Knowledge & Education Achievements
- A level 3 Certificate in Education and Training.
- A basic Counselling Qualification.
- A working knowledge of Prevent Strategies and legislation.
At Medipro, we aim to unlock the potential of every student that begins or continues, their healthcare journey with us.
Our commitment is to provide a pipeline of talented and qualified individuals that enhance patient care in pre-hospital settings.
Our values and standards underpin all that we do and are the foundation of our decision-making.
We are a growing company, seeking talented individuals to join us and accelerate that growth.
Reference ID: Pastoral Support Lead and SEN
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
If you wish to apply for this position, you can either send your CV to email@example.com or attach your CV to the box below.