Newly Qualified Paramedic Clinical Tutor (Newmarket)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Newly Qualified Paramedic with a passion for education to join our team.
This unique opportunity will allow Newly Qualified Paramedics (NQPs) to develop skills as educators.
Our 12–18-month programme will see NPQs being mentored through several accredited qualifications to support our educational delivery.
Our training programme also means tutors can continue clinical practice and development as NQPs with tutorship also allowing them to work both as educators and as operational paramedics through our clinical services company.
For this role, we are looking for candidates who are Newly Qualified Paramedics who are eager to assist in the educational delivery of our high-quality training courses, especially our ambulance apprenticeship programme.
The role has immediate starts available, as well as negotiable salaries, six weeks of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and other exciting benefits being offered to successful candidates.
If you want to work for the company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- CPD opportunities available to upskill and maintain clinical practices
- Time off for giving blood and bone marrow donation
- Pension scheme
- Part of a strong team with excellent values
- Relocation package up to £7000 paid in three instalments
As a Clinical Skills Tutor (NQP) you will be responsible for providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners. This will include both medical and non-medical.
Now is an exciting time to be joining us here at MediPro. Our expanding business works in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs. We are a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for 10 years.
Main Duties of the Job
- Provide and facilitate education, development, and assessment for learners to the professional standards as laid down by the various awards and approvals.
- Participate in the selection process and assessment for potential tutors wishing to enter into educational roles within the company when required.
- Delivering each award as per the awarding and regulatory bodies.
- To take responsibility for managing the tutors and learners needs including pastoral support and verbal complaints.
- Identify training and development solutions across the company that address national and local priorities that will promote and share evidence-based and best practice.
- Produce written reports for internal and external meetings/publications on a range of issues including student progress and compliance.
- Coordinate and assist with the company’s response to external inspections and moderations. Accreditation visits, including the preparation of reports/action plans and subsequent progress reports.
- Identify learners training needs to develop, design, implement and review educational solutions to meet those needs.
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the company ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as action plans.
- Prioritise and self-manage the training workload to support the company in delivering its core business.
- Undertake lead responsibility for curriculum/clinical areas within the company providing support and guidance to peers.
- Participate in and support clinical audit activities as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery of course programmes to ensure that the quality of instruction, content and teaching materials exceed the minimum standards as required by the awarding and validating bodies.
Experience and Work Achievements
- HCPC registered as a Paramedic (or very soon to register)
- Effective social skills gained from experience of dealing with the public
- Commitment to work towards Level 4 in Education & Teaching and Level 3 CAVA to be completed within 12 months.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and coordinate the delivery of driver training sessions
- Accurate attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic IT skills e.g. ECDL level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage in demanding situations and make sound decisions
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- To maintain a current driving licence
Knowledge and Education Achievements
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Understanding educational programme development and quality assurance
- Level 4 in Education and Training (or any other equivalent or higher teaching qualification
- Level 3 CAVA qualification
- IQA qualification or willing to work towards
- ALS/ITLS/PHPLS/MIMMS instructor
- BSc or equivalent e.g. Pre-Hospital Care
- Knowledge and understanding of appraisal systems
Overview of your organisation
MediPro is a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for over 10 years. We work in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients needs
MediPro Limited is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage interest from across our diverse communities.
Reference ID: Clinical Skills Tutor (NQP)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on level of experience and qualifications gained.
If you wish to apply for this position, you can either send your CV to email@example.com or attach your CV to the box below.