This is an exciting opportunity for experienced Driving Tutors to join us at our training centres in Newmarket and Bristol.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about education and supporting the next generation to enter the pre-hospital care sector.
Successful candidates will deliver both theoretical and practical blue-light training in an engaging, informative way, as well as having innovative ideas for improving the delivery of our education programmes.
Driver tutors will also manage the learners’ needs, including pastoral support, marking work and assignments.
Now is an exciting time to be joining us here at MediPro. Our expanding business works in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs. We are a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for 15 years.
If you want to work for the company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 30 days annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Nest Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
As a Driving Tutor, you will:
- Take responsibility as part of the education faculty for providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners.
- Plan, prepare and deliver each programme in an engaging, informative and innovative was, as well as meeting the awarding body’s requirements for emergency driver training and/or other driving associated qualification.
- Be responsible for managing the learners needs including pastoral support, marking work and assignments.
Key Result Areas
- Be responsible for managing a case load of learners including pastoral support and marking of work/assignments.
- Supporting learner progress through regular contact and appropriate feedback and action plans.
- Create and deliver engaging, informative and innovative sessions that contribute to the learners journey and overall achievement.
- Create a safe, welcoming and inclusive learning environment across our centres.
- Maintain a high level working knowledge of the Awarding Organisation requirements for the qualifications we deliver as well as familiar with the Knowledge, Skills and Framework for the apprenticeships delivered at Medipro. (driver specific)
- Have a in-depth knowledge of the Ofsted inspection framework and your responsibilities within it.
- Maintain full driving licence appropriate CPD activities.
Main Duties of the Job
- Ensure compliance with any company or department policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in the selection process and assessment for potential tutors wishing to enter into driver tutor roles within the company when required.
- To support the development and mentorship of newly trained and seconded tutors to the company.
- Identify training and development solutions across the company that address national and local priorities that will promote and share evidence based and best practice.
- Produce written reports for internal and external meetings/publications on a range of issues including learner progress and compliance.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the companies response to external inspections and moderations. Accreditation visits, including the preparation of reports/action plans and subsequent progress reports.
- Identify learners training needs to develop, design, implement and review educational solutions to meet those needs.
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the company ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as action plans.
- Ensure the serviceability and security of the companies equipment and vehicles and that training venues are monitored to ensure safe learning environment for all.
- Ensure the security of all company documents including assessments.
- Prioritise and self-manage the training workload to support the company in delivering its core business.
- Undertake lead responsibility for curriculum within the company providing support and guidance to peers.
- Support the overall management of assessments including invigilating when required.
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery of course programmes to ensure that the quality of instruction, content and teaching materials exceed the minimum standards as required by the awarding and validating bodies.
- Support in the development and production of teaching materials, aids and other appropriate materials.
- To participate in investigations of incidents, complaints and untoward incidents as required.
- Maintain professional practice and participate in CPD activities.
The list of duties can be exhaustive, but generally these key functions will apply.
Experience and Work Achievements
- Extensive driving experience with a minimum of 5 years.
- Excellent team working skills/experience
- Demonstrates a passion for learning with a commitment to quality
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work to quality standard with a high level of accuracy
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility and have confidence to make difficult or challenging decisions
- Able to communicate to a wide variety of audiences and adapt various styles to get the best out of the group
- Able to work under pressure to meet KPI’s and targets
- Good working knowledge of apprenticeships including Ofsted Inspection Framework and Awarding Organisation assessment principles and standards.
- Good awareness and understanding of local/national prevent and safeguarding processes to support learners
- Keep a breast of local and national driving practice changes to help contribute to the improvement and review of the qualifications we deliver
- Good working knowledge of quality assurance standards and frameworks adopted by the company
Knowledge and Education Achievements
- Hold or working towards the DERADI qualification
- Teaching Qualification (Cert Ed, P.G.C.E, IQ, L4 EAT or equivalent) or willing to working towards
- Level 3 CAVA qualification or willing to work towards
- Good record of CPD
- ADI instructor
- IQA qualification
- National Principle Assessor
MediPro Limited is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage interest from across our diverse communities.
Reference ID: Driving Tutor
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000 – £49,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
If you wish to apply for this position, you can either send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach your CV to the box below.