Clinical Tutor (Paramedic)
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals with Paramedic experience to join us at our training centres in Stockton-on-Tees, Bristol and Newmarket.
The role has immediate starts available, six weeks of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and other exciting benefits being offered to successful candidates. We will also accommodate for hybrid working should the successful candidate choose to do so.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the education department, providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners. They will plan, prepare and deliver each programme in an engaging, informative and innovative way, supporting their learners throughout their apprenticeship offering pastoral support and portfolio marking.
Now is an exciting time to be joining us here at MediPro. Our expanding business works in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs. We are a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for 15 years.
If you want to work for the company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- CPD opportunities available to upskill and maintain clinical practices
- Time off for giving blood and bone marrow donation
- Pension scheme
- Part of a strong team with excellent values
- Hybrid working, with home working and delivery from our centres based in Bristol, Newmarket and Stockton on Tees.
- Relocation package up to £7000 paid in three instalments
As a Clinical Tutor you will be responsible for providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners. This will include both medical and non-medical.
You will work in collaboration with the education and managerial teams to provide assessment and mentoring opportunities for clinical tutors that will contribute to the improvement of the company, clinical outcome, and ultimately patient care.
You also may be required to provide support to Practice Placements at both operational and clinical locations across the UK.
Main Duties of the Job
- Provide and facilitate education, development, and assessment for learners to the professional standards as laid down by the various awards and approvals.
- Participate in the selection process and assessment for potential tutors wishing to enter into educational roles within the company when required.
- Delivering each award as per the awarding and regulatory bodies.
- To take responsibility for managing the tutors and learners needs including pastoral support and verbal complaints
- To support the development and mentorship of newly trained and seconded instructors to the company.
- Responsible for mentoring/training/assessing/educating/supervising a wide variety of tutors on education courses.
- Identify training and development solutions across the company that address national and local priorities that will promote and share evidence-based and best practice.
- Produce written reports for internal and external meetings/publications on a range of issues including student progress and compliance.
- Coordinate and assist with the company’s response to external inspections and moderations. Accreditation visits, including the preparation of reports/action plans and subsequent progress reports.
- Identify learners training needs to develop, design, implement and review educational solutions to meet those needs.
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the company ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as action plans.
- Prioritise and self-manage the training workload to support the company in delivering its core business.
- Undertake lead responsibility for curriculum/clinical areas within the company providing support and guidance to peers.
- Participate in and support clinical audit activities as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery of course programmes to ensure that the quality of instruction, content and teaching materials exceed the minimum standards as required by the awarding and validating bodies.
- Line management for the tutor team.
Experience and Work Achievements
- HCPC registered as a Paramedic, with at least 2 years past registration
- Effective social skills gained from experience of dealing with the public
Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of FutureQuals awards
- Excellent knowledge of current practices and guidelines
- Basic IT skills e.g. ECDL level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage in demanding situations and make sound decisions
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- To maintain a current driving licence
Knowledge and Education Achievements
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Understanding educational programme development and quality assurance
- IQA qualification or willing to work towards
- ALS/ITLS/PHPLS/MIMMS instructor
- BSc or equivalent e.g., Pre-Hospital Care
- Knowledge and understanding of appraisal systems
- Level 4 in Education and Training (or any other equivalent or higher teaching qualification
- Level 3 CAVA qualification
MediPro Limited is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage interest from across our diverse communities.
Reference ID: Clinical Tutor (Paramedic)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £33,000 – £47,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
If you wish to apply for this position, you can either send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach your CV to the box below.