Clinical Tutor (Non-Paramedic)
MediPro are looking for a number of Clinical Tutors (Non-Paramedic) to join us at our training centre in Newmarket.
The role has immediate starts available, six weeks of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and other exciting benefits being offered to successful candidates. This is a hybrid role, with home working and delivery from our centres based in Bristol, Newmarket and Stockton on Tees.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the education department, providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners. They will plan, prepare and deliver each programme in an engaging, informative and innovative way.
This position is ideal for those who currently work as Ambulance Care Assistants or Emergency Care Assistants who wish to progress their careers into teaching and mentoring.
We guarantee 25% of your time will be allocated for student contact, marking, preparation, planning and CPD activities.
Now is an exciting time to be joining us here at MediPro. Our expanding business works in partnership with both NHS Trusts and other independent businesses, providing bespoke training courses to fit our clients’ needs. We are a leading independent medical training company that has been operating across the UK for 15 years.
If you want to work for the company with a strong vision, a fun culture and a passion for education, we would love to hear from you.
Working with MediPro comes with some excellent benefits such as:
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- CPD opportunities available to upskill and maintain clinical practices
- Time off for giving blood and bone marrow donation
- Pension scheme
- Part of a strong team with excellent values
- Hybrid working, from home and in the office
Take responsibility as part of the education faculty for providing professional education, learning and development to a wide range of learners. To plan, prepare and deliver each programme in an engaging, informative and innovative was as well as meeting the awarding and regulatory bodies’ requirements.
Be responsible for managing the learners needs including pastural support, marking work and assignments.
Main Duties of the Job
- Ensure compliance with any company or department policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Participate in the selection process and assessment for potential tutors wishing to enter into educational roles within the company when required.
• To support the development and mentorship of newly trained and seconded tutors to the company.
• Responsible for mentoring/training/assessing/educating/supervising a wide variety of learners on education courses.
• Identify training and development solutions across the company that address national and local priorities that will promote and share evidence based and best practice.
• Produce written reports for internal and external meetings/publications on a range of issues including learner progress and compliance.
• Co-ordinate and assist with the companies response to external inspections and moderations. Accreditation visits, including the preparation of reports/action plans and subsequent progress reports.
• Identify learners training needs to develop, design, implement and review educational solutions to meet those needs.
• Participate in the day-to-day management of the company ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as well as action plans.
• Ensure the serviceability and security of the companies equipment and vehicles and that training venues are monitored to ensure safe learning environment for all.
• Prioritise and self-manage the training workload to support the company in delivering its core business.
• Undertake lead responsibility for curriculum/clinical areas within the company providing support and guidance to peers (within own scope of practice).
• Participate in and support clinical audit activities as required.
• Monitor and evaluate the delivery of course programmes to ensure that the quality of instruction, content and teaching materials exceed the minimum standards as required by the awarding and validating bodies.
• Prepare and manage various summative and formative assessments whilst maintaining examination security.
• Act as an exam invigilator as and when required.
• Support in the development and production of teaching materials, aids and other appropriate materials.
• To participate in investigations of incidents, complaints and untoward incidents as required.
• Maintain professional practice and participate in CPD activities.
Experience and Work Achievements
- At least 2 years post clinical qualification/training practice with current occupational competence.
- Excellent team working skills/experience
- Demonstrates a passion for learning with a commitment to quality
- Education/delivery experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work to quality standard with a high level of accuracy
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility and have confidence to make difficult or challenging decisions
- Able to communicate to a wide variety of audiences and adapt various styles to get the best out of the group
- Able to work under pressure to meet KPI’s and targets
- Good working knowledge of apprenticeships including Ofsted Inspection Framework and Awarding Organisation assessment principles and standards.
- Good awareness and understanding of local/national prevent and safeguarding processes to support learners
- Keep abreast of local and national clinical practice changes to help contribute to the improvement and review of the qualifications we deliver
- Good working knowledge of quality assurance standards and frameworks adopted by the company
Knowledge and Education Achievements
- Educated to A level or equivalent experience
- Teaching Qualification (Cert Ed, P.G.C.E, IQ, L4 EAT or equivalent) or willing to working towards
- Level 3 CAVA qualification or willing to work towards
- Good record of CPD that represents the service user requirements
- Moving and handling train the trainer
- Conflict resolution trainer
- IQA qualification
MediPro Limited is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage interest from across our diverse communities.
Reference ID: Clinical Tutor (Technician)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000- £38,000, depending on experience (operational and education), as well as current qualifications.
If you wish to apply for this position, you can either send your CV to email@example.com or attach your CV to the box below.