Level 3 Patient Care Transport Apprenticeship
Browse our upcoming course dates below:
On this page you'll find further information regarding certification and pre-requisites.
|1st March 2021||Stockton on Tees|
|9th August 2021||Stockton on Tees|
|6th September 2021||Stockton on Tees|
Duration - 12 months: 2 weeks initial classroom (plus 2 additional return periods and 1 week driving)
Apprenticeship Reference - ST0627
What qualification do I get - All students will receive:
- Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Patient Care:Non-urgent Care Services
- Level 3 Award in Patient Care Services: Ambulance Driving
- Level 2 Functional skills (if not already achieved)
- Care certificate
Pre-requisites - All students will need to be able to demonstrate:
- 18 years of age
- Full UK driving licence
Delivered across the UK or at your place of work.
Non-Levy employers can receive 95% funding for this apprenticeship, meaning only a £20 contribution for each student a month.
If you're looking for our Level 3 Certificate in Ambulance Patient Care: Non-Urgent Care Services course, click here
For a full course listing, including syllabus and pre-requisites download the PDF by clicking the image.
The Level 3 Certificate in Ambulance Patient Care: Non-Urgent Care Services covers the national patient care support services scope of practice that is required in the role of ambulance patient care support attendants or assistants. Learners will be responsible for the transportation and care of patients with varying needs including looking after the disabled, elderly, sick and vulnerable people to and from outpatient clinics, day care centres and routine hospital admissions and discharges. Learners will be responsible for the care of patients on the journey and while they are transferred to and from the vehicle.
The programme includes but is not limited to the following subjects:
• Principles of ambulance patient care
• Management of medical conditions during ambulance patient care
• Vehicle familiarisation and communication systems
• Safe moving and handling during ambulance patient care
• Ambulance aid essentials for patient care
• Conveyance of patients with own medication and medical devices
• Conflict resolution
• Basic life support including airway, oxygen and AED
Upon successful completion of the portfolio and practical assessments the following certificates will be awarded:
- FutureQuals Level 3 Certificate in Ambulance Patient Care: Non-Urgent Care Services
- FutureQuals Level 3 Award in Patient Care Services - Ambulance Driving
- Functional skills level 2 (if not already acheived)
- Care Certificate
There are no formal qualification entry requirements that a learner must have completed before taking this qualification and no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding.
All student will need to complete a competency portfolio as well as the Care Certificate from Skills for Health. All statutory and mandatory essential components are covered for the role of 'Ambulance Care Assistant'