A comprehensive advanced trauma course designed for UK doctors. It will enable the provider to respond and deal with trauma emergencies and is ideal for individuals who work in the Pre-Hospital arena and require an advanced level of skills and interventions. This is the only UK based trauma course designed for the British clinician as it includes the recommended practices from bodies such as JRCALC, NICE, the Resuscitation Council as well as the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
As testament to our commitment to quality, this course has been approved by the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and is certificated by the college upon completion.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh approved
- Recognised by the British Horseracing Association (BHA)
- Delivered by current practicing medical professionals
- Blended delivery styles including discussions, research and practical scenarios
- Specifically designed for UK clinicians working in the pre-hospital arena and specifically racecourses/equestrian
- Pre study sent to enable our faculty to focus on the practical application of trauma care
- Accommodation can be booked directly through Medipro
Some of the main modules include the following (others can be included to suit your industry):
- Scene size up/survey
- Mechanism of Injury
- Rapid Trauma, Primary and Secondary Patient Assessment
- The role of the senior clinician and trauma co-ordination
- Ambulance practitioner breakdown and their role
- Airway Management including Endotracheal intubation, LMA, i-Gel and surgical airways
- Head Trauma
- Chest Trauma
- Spinal Trauma and Immobilisation
- Abdominal and Pelvic Trauma including pelvic splinting
- Trauma Management including fractures
- Splints, Collars, Spinal Boards, KED, Traction
- Extremes of Temperature
- Fluid Resuscitation and IV access
- Documentation and recording
- Elderly Trauma
- Paediatric trauma and the specifics of managing children
- The Trauma Cardiopulmonary Arrest
- Skill stations including IO Access, needle decompression and emergency surgical cricothyrotomy
- Tranexamic Acid and the effects on heamorrhage control
- CAT torniquets
- UK major trauma centres and their role
- Air support
Following written and practical examinations a certificate will be awarded which is valid for 3 years from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
Students are required to be registered professionals which include GMC registered doctors, NMC registered nurses (with pre-hospital care experience) and HCPC paramedics, all other students who would like to attend please contact us to confirm prior to booking.
There are no downloads available for this course.
Where To Stay
Medipro have an exclusive deal with Travelodge Darlington to offer directly en-suite double rooms from £47.50* per night, room only. This is a 2 minute walk from our center. Rooms can be cancelled before midday on your day of arrival. Call us to book your room. *subject to availability
Check back soon for answers to frequently asked questions about this course