This course has been developed with the patient as our main focus, from the medical emergency to the major trauma victim. This course offers a diverse scope of practice that will appeal to medics working in the major industry and chemical sites, medical support centres and teams, remote and hostile medics. Successfully completing this course will also complete a whole unit towards our level 4 ‘Ambulance Technician’ award.
We are committed to providing quality educational programmes utilising the latest evidence based practice.
- Approved by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Comprehensive and in-depth subject areas suitable for this industry
- ELCAS fundable
- Delivered by current practicing medical professionals
- OCN Credit4learning approved awarding learners with 20 level 4 credits
- We can be flexible in adding additional core subject areas specific to each industry
- Accommodation can be booked directly through Medipro
The syllabus is an intense training package designed to equip the student with the necessary basic skills required to work on the frontline and include:
- Role definition
- Medical terminology
- Respiratory System and Disorders
- LMA’s, i-Gels, OPA and NPA
- Airway Management and adjuncts
- Oxygen and Entonox therapy
- Circulatory System and Conditions
- Shock and Intermediate Life Support
- Major incidnet awareness
- Poisons and overdoses
- Trauma care including bleeding and burns
- Fractures and splints
- Nervous system, CVA, epilepsy
- Diabetes and blood glucose monitoring
- Infection control and waste management
- Unconsciousness and patient assessment
- Assisting paramedic with IV, fluids, drugs, intubation and IO
- Information Governance and Report forms
- Abdominal conditions and injuries
- Helmet removal and traction splints
Learners are assessed throughout the programme both theoretically and practically. Once successfully completed the following awards will be given:
- Pre Hospital Medical Technician from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Pre Hospital Medical Technician from the OCN Credit4learning with higher educational credits at level 4
There are no-pre course requirements for this course. It is recommended learners should complete a basic entry programme and refresh on medical terminology and anatomy and physiology before attending but they are not essential.
There are no available downloads for this course.
Where To Stay
Medipro have an exclusive deal with Travelodge Darlington to offer directly en-suite double rooms from £47.50* per night, room only. This is a 2 minute walk from our center. Rooms can be cancelled before midday on your day of arrival. Call us to book your room. *subject to availability
If you or your group require 2 or more booking onto the same course – call us as we would like to compile a quote to help reduce your costs.