This Emergency Care Assistant course (ECA) has been specifically developed for clinical staff working with paramedics or ambulance technicians in both the public and private sector. Built with the support of local NHS trusts this course meets the requirements and standards adopted by the majority of ambulance services across the UK.
All students will be allocated a 1 week placement responding to 999 calls to further enhance their training, dates and times will be confirmed subject to availability.
This course will appeal to both NHS and private ambulance services.
We are committed to providing quality educational programmes utilising the latest evidence based practice. This course has been approved by OCN Credit for Learning level 3 . This not only gives learners a nationally recognised course but with university credits. It is also ELCAS approved for MOD personnel.
Our Emergency Care Assistant course also includes Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care and Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care.
The syllabus is an intense training package designed to equip the learner with the necessary basic skills required to work on the frontline and include:
- Medical terminology
- Role definition
- Manual Handling and equipment
- Respiratory System and Disorders
- Airway Management and adjuncts
- Oxygen and Entonox therapy
- Circulatory System and Conditions
- Shock and Basic Life Support
- CBRN and Major Incident
- Child and Adult Protection
- Trauma care including bleeding and burns Fractures and splints
- Nervous system, CVA, epilepsy
- Diabetes and blood glucose monitoring
- Infection control and waste management
- Unconsciousness and patient assessment
- Assisting paramedic with IV, fluids and drugs
- Information Governance and Report forms
- Abdominal conditions and injuries
- Helmet removal and traction splints
- Working in an Ambulance
After successful completion of written and practical assessments the following certificates will be awarded:
- Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care
- Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care.
- Level 3 OCN Credit for learning Emergency Care Assistant
There are no pre course requirements for this programme.
There are no downloads available for this course.
Where To Stay
Medipro have an exclusive deal with Travelodge Darlington to offer directly en-suite double rooms from £47.50* per night, room only. This is a 2 minute walk from our center. Rooms can be cancelled before midday on your day of arrival. Call us to book your room. *subject to availability
Check back soon for answers to frequently asked questions about this course