While offshore diving, there is a requirement that one member of a dive team who is not diving, other than a supervisor, should be trained in advanced first aid – generally referred to as a ‘diver medic’. This nationally recognised IMCA Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course will ensure the medic has all the necessary skills and knowledge to manage any situation.
Our IMCA DMT training course is internationally approved and delivered in the North East of the UK every month.
As a optional extra a delegate can attend a 2 day placement within a busy A&E department at an additional cost. This is a unique arrangement not offered on any other course in the UK. It will give you an ideal opportunity to improve your knowledge, skills, abilities and most of all your confidence as a medic. Please note all students who wish to attend the A&E department must have an enhanced DBS which Medipro will apply for so we advise you book as early as possible to ensure it is completed.
- A&E Placement for 2 days is an optional element
- Accommodation can be booked directly thru Medipro
- Full IMCA approval
- ELCAS fundable
- First Aid at Work certificate included
- Emergency oxygen for divers certificate included
- Manual is provided as part of the course
- Delivered by existing and practicing medical professionals
- Very practical approach
- Online access to our student learning cloud
- Diver Medicals are also available throughout our courses
The Diver Medic course is very comprehensive and some of the topics covered include:
- Casualty Handling Under Pressure
- Care of Medical Equipment/Record Keeping
- Diving Related Illness: Barotraumas, DCI, Decompression Illness
- Advanced Life Support skills
- Control & Management of Dive Related Injury or Illness
- Insertion of Chest Drain and needle decompression
- Patient Examination
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology
- Intraosseous Infusion
- Advanced airway management
- Use of Defibrillator
- Oxygen Administration
- Trauma care
There will be both theoretical and practical assessments within the course. Upon successful completion learners will be awarded the following:
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician certificate valid for 2 years
- Medipro First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years
- Emergency oxygen for divers certificate valid for 2 years
To qualify for the IMCA Diver Medic qualification, applicants must hold an offshore qualification in diving.
This can be an LST, diving supervisor or diving qualification recognised by IMCA. However, if you do not hold a suitable offshore diving qualification but would like to attend the course, please contact us for further information.
There are no downloads available for this course.
Where To Stay
A full list of accommodation in close proximity of our centre can be found by following the link below.
Check back soon for answers to frequently asked questions about this course