While offshore diving, there is a requirement that one member of a dive team who is not diving, other than a supervisor, should be trained in advanced first aid – generally referred to as a ‘diver medic’. This nationally recognised IMCA Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course will ensure the medic has all the necessary skills and knowledge to manage any situation.
Our IMCA DMT training course is internationally approved and delivered in the North East of the UK every month. As a optional extra a delegate can attend a 1 day placement within a busy A&E department at an additional cost. This is a unique arrangement not offered on any other course in the UK. It will give you an ideal opportunity to improve your knowledge, skills, abilities and most of all your confidence as a medic. Please note all students who wish to go into the A&E department must have an enhanced DBS (CRB) which Medipro will apply for so we advise you book as early as possible to ensure it is completed.
- A&E Placement for 1 day is an option
- Accommodation can be booked directly thru Medipro
- Full IMCA approval
- ELCAS fundable
- First Aid at Work certificate included
- Emergency oxygen for divers certificate included
- Manual is provided as part of the course
- Delivered by existing and practicing medical professionals
- Very practical approach
- Online access to our student learning cloud
- Diver Medicals are also available throughout our courses